Thursday, March 20, 2014

My experience with the photo essay.

I do not have any really bad issues with the photo essay, I mean I couldn't take any pictures of actual Down syndrome children, because it is illegal. So all I have is pictures of the classroom, which kind of sucks that they are not really good pictures. Also I did not take enough I guess. When my mom and I were going through what the students went through everyday we did not really talk about some of the cool things that the student do as well. It was a little disappointing when I found out. I also did not realize if I was supposed to put all of this on to a power point or if it could just be on a actual work document. When doing the rough draft, I did not think that it was really challenging, maybe just a little frustrating. I could not really come up with any questions and that is why I just basically tell as story, and the only people that I could think about that would even what to read/look at my photo essay would be maybe teachers that cant teach to see how a good classroom is run or maybe like the parents that actually wanted to just read my paper to learn what their child will learn on an average week of school. I also think that I is a great job what that school does with the Down syndrome students. They really teach them things that will make them one day able to get a job, work, maybe move out of their parents homes. Really be able to live like a normal human. This will also help the parents in the future because they will realize that they can have a life in the future and that they would not have to make sure that they are always worried about their child every waking moment of the day. I hope that the photo essay will show everything that I want it to show. There are probably parts of my wording in some of the sentences that probably sound like crap, but thank God that right now it is only the rough draft!
I hope that the my essay changes throughout the paper. I think that pathos is used throughout, just having it be about students in general always gets peoples emotions. I think that ethos is used when talking about what the students learn each day in the classroom. I think that logos is used when telling the audience examples of what the students learn throughout the day like how to make a pizza.
I think that the narrative does proved the audience with more understanding of the picture. I think that goes through all photo essays because without them then it would not even become an essay it would be pictures. I think that pictures are worth a thousand words to different people, so without the words that the author puts with the picture people might think that my essay is about going from school to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment